Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Realms Faire - Ellie vs Death




Beware the Vortex schedule
Wed, Nov 11th - Ellie vs Death
Thurs, Nov 12th - Cas vs War
Fri, Nov 13th - Stuart vs Death

Chronos has accidentally opened a vortex in the space-time continuum. A few people are trapped in Lucien's Bar, the gateway to the Underworld. The only way out is by challenging an Immortal to a contest. Today's test of skill:

Ellie Garratt vs Death
Peanut-eating contest

Okay, it's halftime, people. Ellie has been hanging in there, chewing handfuls of peanuts for all she's worth... and drinking a ton of water! She needs your encouragement in the comments to win her freedom. Can you help her out?
Uh-oh. I think Death might be thinking of cheating. He's off to the side, coating peanut butter on Ellie's peanuts so she can't swallow fast enough. Don't let her down!
As a reward, one person each day will be picked at random from the comments to receive the following eBooks:

By River Fairchild:
Living the Afterlife - satire
Just Another Day in Purgatory - satire
Guardians of Telesma - NA shifter romantic fantasy
By Cerise Laudine:
Immortal Desires - highlander time travel romance

Winners will be posted here on Saturday, Nov 14th, so be sure to check back.
Remember to visit the other games in the Realms Faire, too! Lots of fun and prizes to be had!


33 comments:

  1. Go Ellie. If Death can cheat, so can you. Talk to Chronos. Quietly.
    Mind you, I don't want Death offside either. All my encouragment is given under an alias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry. Nothing you say here will reach Death or Chronos. Munch. Munch. Someone pass me more peanuts and water!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ellie - go sticky, bones, chew ... crunch your way through and win the contest - you deserve too ...

    Cheers to River too ... all the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilary! Death can't cheat his way to win with your support. *Grabs another handful of peanuts*

      Delete
  3. Suck down those peanuts, Ellie!! You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chew, Ellie! Chew chew chew. Even the sticky ones. Especially the sticky ones. But the ones as dry as bones as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a dirty trick, Death. You go, Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Death is testing me, but I'm the UK peanut-eating champion. I will win!

      Delete
  6. Drink some milk with those, Ellie! You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ellie--if Death is going to cheat, let me slip you my time stopper. (Shh! Don't tell!) You've got this, woman, sticky fingers and all! Chew for all you're worth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A time stopper you say? Send it my way. I'm sure Death will never notice. On the other hand, Chronos may be harder to fool.

      Delete
    2. Ellie - I'm afraid Chronos is on to you. He disabled your time stopper... in the interest of fair play, of course. ;)

      Delete
  8. Go Ellie, go! You can do it!
    Hey, what's stopping you from some 'shenanigans'? If Death can cheat, so can you. LOL
    Anyways, I'd rather have Death cheating in a contest, than going on vacation with Chronos and leaving the rest of the world in a tizz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shenanigans is my favourite word. Thank you, Michelle!

      Delete
  9. A peanut eating contest, so cool!
    Ellie, I know you can do this! I'll sneak you a coke or two to help with that peanut butter too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go, Ellie! This sounds harder than playing chess with Death. But you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's some cider to help you wash those nuts down, Ellie. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cider, coke and peanuts. The perfect combo. Thank you!

      Delete
  12. I know the peanut butter makes the nuts sticky, but chew, chew, chew, Ellie! You can beat that old bag of bones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You remembered the words! Thank you, Cherie. You are a wise friend.

      Delete
  13. Here's some hot hard cider to melt that peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ellie, I don't know why Death needs to cheat. He consumes peanuts the way I do Jezebel's punch. But I hope you beat him anyway. He's a shameless show-off, riding around with Chronos on his Harley.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!